Work With Us!
We are looking for a full time team member to be a part of Barnett Lawson at our new warehouse in Pulloxhill, Bedfordshire.
Main duties include:
- Warehouse management
- Stock management including goods in/goods out
- Order picking and packing
- Much more!
- Want to be a part of an e-commerce business that is growing and developing
- Be willing to learn and adapt to a multi-faceted role
- Be happy to work in a small team
Desirable Skills (non-essential):
- Experience working in retail, particularly e-commerce is a bonus.
- Knowledge of all or any of the trimmings-related industries - costume, fashion, interiors, millinery, crafts, etc.
About Us and the Role
We are a small business in the midst of an overhaul. The impact covid has had on our industry means that our business has evolved from an in-store shopping experience with a small online presence, to a primarily e-commerce brand, offering trims of all kinds to both wholesale and retail customers from all industries on several online shopping platforms.
In just 1 year, we have had over 1500 sales on Etsy alone, and this number is growing rapidly. We are looking for someone who wants to be involved in the business as it grows into it's new form, assisting with the everyday running of the brand, from picking and packing to stocktaking and warehouse management.
Although not primarily a customer-facing role, we do sometimes have industry clients (film, TV, theatre etc) visit us when working on larger projects, so a helpful and efficient attitude is essential.
An interest in trimmings, or experience using the product is a bonus but not essential as you will learn quickly on the job - you'll be handling the products daily so it won't take you long to learn the difference between a gimp braid and a cornelli motif!
We are ideally looking for someone local to Pulloxhill to work on a full-time basis. Hours are Monday to Friday 8:00 - 4:30.
If you would like to apply, please send a CV and cover letter to Lee@barnettlawson.co.uk